Garlic – Eat Garlic after frying it with little oil along with the skin. Remove the skin and eat two small pieces of garlic every morning in empty stomach.
Ginger – Slice the ginger to pieces and chew it if you can or add it in your morning tea and have it. Eating it raw will give you better benefits.
Turmeric – Add turmeric in all your food and if you mix it with Hot Cow’s Milk, it will give you better benefits. Drink Cow’s Milk mixed with turmeric before going to bed.
Spinach – Eating Spinach as your side dish to your daily food will be a great remedy.
Epsom Salt – Have epsom salt bath every day for as many days as possible.
Head Massage – Gentle head massage every week will help you avoid Strokes and brain haemorrhage. Add Olive or Coconut or Almond Oil during the massage. Let a trained therapist do this massage for you.
Hibiscus Flower – Chew it raw if you like the taste, else boil it and drink the water.
Coriander Leaves – Chew it raw if you like the taste, else boil it and drink the water.
Cucumber – Have one cucumber a day. Split it into 3 times a day. Morning, afternoon and evening.
Water Melon – Have one glass of water melon juice everyday.
Tender Coconut Water – Two glasses of Tender coconut water will help you a lot.
Do Brahmri Pranayam.
How to do Bhramari pranayama (Bee Breath)
- Sit up straight in a quiet, well ventilated corner with your eyes closed. Keep a gentle smile on your face
- Keep your eyes closed for some time. Observe the sensations in the body and the quietness within
- Place your index fingers on your ears. There is a cartilage between your cheek and ear. Place your index fingers on the cartilage
- Take a deep breath in and as you breathe out, gently press the cartilage. You can keep the cartilage pressed or press it in and out with your fingers, while making a loud humming sound like a bee.
- You can also make a low-pitched sound but it is a good idea to make a high-pitched one for better results
- Breathe in again and continue the same pattern 3-4 times.
Benefits of Bhramari pranayama (Bee Breath)
- Gives instant relief from tension, anger and anxiety. It is a very effective breathing technique for people suffering from hypertension as it calms down the agitated mind
- Gives relief if you’re feeling hot or have a slight headache
- Helps mitigate migraines
- Improves concentration and memory
- Builds confidence
- Helps in reducing blood pressure
- Helps calm the mind in preparation for meditation
Precautions for doing Bhramari pranayama
- Ensure that you are not putting your finger inside the ear but on the cartilage
- Don’t press the cartilage too hard. Gently press and release with the finger
- While making the humming sound, keep your mouth closed
- You can also do Bhramari pranayama with your fingers in the Shanmukhi Mudra
- Do not put pressure on your face
- Do not exceed the recommended repetitions of 3-4 times