Living with Parkinson’s disease is easier with these do-it-yourself tips to help you keep up with normal routines.
Parkinson’s disease can make daily life very difficult, but simple do-it-yourself home remedies that help treat Parkinson’s symptoms can make living with the condition easier.
The muscle stiffness, weakness, and tremors of Parkinson’s can interfere with everyday activities, especially as the disease progresses. And Parkinson’s medications can cause distorted and involuntary movements, a side effect known as dyskinesia. Simple tasks like dressing, bathing, or even walking around the house can become frustrating.
Exercise is an essential part of managing the symptoms of the disease. Swimming, yoga, dance, and walking can help your muscles stay limber when you have Parkinson’s.
Stretching to Loosen Stiff Muscles of Parkinson’s
The following stretching and flexibility exercises can help to relieve stiff muscles, improve flexibility, and make everyday tasks easier:
- Stand facing a wall, about 8 inches away and reaching your arms upward. Place your hands on the wall for balance and stretch out your arms and back.
- Place your back against a wall for support and briskly march in place, lifting your knees as high as possible.
- Sit in a chair with a high, straight back and stretch your arms behind it, bringing your shoulders back as far as you can. As you stretch, lift your head toward the ceiling.
Self Training to Improve Balance
Patients with Parkinson’s symptoms can enhance their treatment by doing what’s called “self training” at home. This involves practicing new ways to stand, walk, and turn. People undergoing self training should try to:
- Take large steps when walking straight ahead, focusing on proper heel-toe form.
- Keep the legs at least 10 inches apart while turning or walking in order to provide more support and reduce the risk of falls.
- Avoid shoes with rubber soles, as they can stick to the floor and increase risk of falls.
- Walk to a steady rhythm.
You can also try dance classes for people with Parkinson’s through the Dance for PD program.
Simple home remedies
- Breathing exercise will help Parkinson’s patients very much. You should do anulom vilom and im sound breathing exercise. What is “Im” sound breathing exercise ?
- Squat on the floor with folded legs and your bum taking position on the floor.
- Place both the hands on knees in “chin mudra” position
- Breathe in heavily and breathe out with “Im” sound.
- Do this breathing exercise atleast 20 times every day.
- Buy goat and extract milk from it daily. It’s important.
- If ready made goat milk is available, you can buy. Chances are it could be adulterated unless it is coming from a good brand.
- Drink one glass of goat milk atleast twice a day (morning and evening).
Lemon and water
- Take 2 lemons, cut into 2 pieces
- Take 1 glass of water
- Squeeze the juice of the lemons into the glass of water.
- Stirr it well
- Drink 2-3 times a day.
Tender Coconut water
- Drink 1 tender coconut water a day.
- Within a few weeks, your parkinson’s disease will vanish.
- Beans, Spinach, Mint leaves, Pudina Leaves, Curry Leaves, Coriander Leaves.
- Take adequate quantity of the same, mix and grind it well in a mixi
- Convert it to a juice and drink it.
- Multiple fruits should be purchased, mix it well and extract juice from these fruits.
- Such as Apple, Pomegranate, Grapes, Orange.
- Mix together and make a glass of juice and drink one glass every day.
- When the treatment begins, for about 10 days, you should not have cooked food.
- Just have raw vegetables and fruits as breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- See the difference after 10 days
- After 10 days, you can start having your normal food.
- However, for breakfast, do not have cooked food like Idli, Vada, Dosa items in the morning.
- Just have raw vegetables and fruits always for about 6 months.
- For lunch you can then have normal food.
- For dinner, drink liquid food such as Rice Porridge.
- Pure coconut oil must be extracted.
- Buy 4 coconuts from the open market.
- Remove the water inside through the eyes behind.
- Break the coconut into two halves
- Remove the coconut from the shell
- Cut the coconut into small pieces
- Add adequate water and grind it in mixi
- Make the coconut as paste
- Put the paste coconut in a separate bowl
- Squash it with both hands
- Strain the coconut milk from coconut paste
- Place the coconut milk vessel in gas and light the gas stove.
- Boil the Coconut milk for 30 minutes keeping it in sim
- Keep the vessel overnight
- In the morning you will see the oil content at the top
- Remove the oil
- This is the way pure coconut oil must be extracted.
- Use this oil for applying it on the head and body.
- Use this oil for cooking also.
- For parkinson patients, food made out of coconut oil is the best remedy.
Staying Safe at Home With Parkinson’s
Simple changes around the home can make it easier for you to function well while dealing with Parkinson’s symptoms. I can help you come up with a detailed plan for living safely and independently at home.
Discuss specific strategies with me to design a safer living space. Occupational therapists can suggest ways to create an environment that’s friendly to those with Parkinson’s; this type of therapist looks at things like furniture placement, handrails, extensions on toilets, and floor coverings to determine where possible hazards lie.
Whatsapp me on 8553015850 for a web consultation. For web consultation, you need to sign up free in www.zoom.us and once done, after fixing up appointment with me, I will provide you meeting id. We can also have skype video call if you find it difficult to use zoom.