People of all ages can have urinary problems. Many young patients experience an abnormal opening or obstruction in the urinary tract, which is also called a functional bladder outlet obstruction. It can be treated. There are numerous causes for frequent urination, from urinary tract infections, enlarged prostate, medications, to even tumor growths. The cause of frequent urination will dictate the type of treatment required.
Given below are some home remedies
- Pomegranate paste: Make a paste from the skin of a pomegranate, add a pinch of it to water and consume twice daily.
- Roasted horse grams: Consume toasted horse grams for several days.
- Sesame seeds: Eat sesame seeds mixed with jaggery to control frequent urination.
- Fenugreek seeds: Make a powder of the seeds, mix with ginger and weed seeds as well as with honey or water – consume twice daily.
- Boiled spinach: Consuming boiled spinach can help balance the less or excess of urine flow.
- Eat more apples, sweet potatoes, raspberries, beans, bananas, brown rice, and cherries to relieve constipation as it can trigger frequent urination.
- Practice bladder control exercise by holding in your urine for longer periods of time throughout the day – be mindful that holding in your urine for too long when you really have to go can increase the risk of infections, so don’t do it to the point where you are in pain.
- White vinegar: Take two tablespoons and mix with a half cup of warm water, then drink to help reduce frequent urination
- Baking soda: Mix a teaspoon with a glass of water and drink once a day, every few days
- Indian gooseberry juice: A great source of vitamin C, helping boost the immune system and treat potential problems of urinary tract infections. It contains useful inflammatory reducing properties.
- Aloe Vera juice: Aids in the reduction of inflammation and burning sensations during urination. It also helps improve kidney function.
- Cumin seeds: Aids in alleviating digestive problems that may affect urination. Consuming with warm water every day will aid in treating frequent urination associated with digestive tract problems.
- Jaggery: A popular remedy for treating the symptoms of frequent urination.
- Yogurt: Rich in probiotics and therefore aids in the promotion of a healthy digestive system and healthy kidneys
- Cinnamon powder: Containing natural anti-inflammatory properties, this natural remedy helps reduce symptoms of inflammation and burning sensations. It also promotes healthy kidneys, helping reduce frequent urination.
For Dehydration here are the remedies
Watery Fruits and Vegetables
When suffering from mild to moderate dehydration, increase your intake of water-rich fruits and vegetables. Such fruits and vegetables contain hydrating salts, minerals and sugars, hence they work in a way similar to the isotonic drinks favored by athletes.
Some fruits and vegetables with high water content are watermelon, cantaloupe, grapefruit, oranges, strawberries, cucumber, grapes, papaya, celery, lettuce, radishes, spinach, zucchini and tomatoes.
Eat these foods as snacks or add them to your salads and smoothies.
Bananas are another fruit that you can eat to treat mild dehydration. Dehydration causes loss of minerals like potassium in the body. Being rich in potassium, bananas can help restore this important mineral. In addition, it helps restore normal functioning of cramped muscles, which occur due to excess water loss in the body.
- Eat 1 to 2 bananas during the day.
- You can also drink banana smoothies.
Having a glass of coconut water can also help treat dehydration. The high electrolytes in coconut water make it a very hydrating drink. It is also relatively low in calories and sugar.
According to a 2012 study published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, coconut water has a positive effect similar to sports drinks.
Drink a glass of tender coconut water a few times daily to rehydrate your body. As coconut water is rapidly absorbed by the cells, you will see quick results.