The urge for frequent urination is one of the common distressing problems most of us experience at least once in our lifetime. It is absolutely normal to urinate 4-6 times a day and your bladder can store urine until you evacuate it. The warning bell rings if you pass urine more than 8 times a day or if the urge to urinate wakes you up a couple of times in the middle of the night.
There are several causes for the urge to pass urine frequently. Problems like extreme heat in the bladder or urinary tract to stress or diet can lead to frequent urination. The problem can also be a cause of underlying diseases such as urinary tract infections, interstitial cystitis, nephritis, prostrate conditions and diabetes. Excessive water, beverages like tea or coffee, certain medicines or alcohol consumption can result in frequent urination.
Ever thought pomegranate skin can be of any use? For those who suffer from frequent urination problem, pomegranate skin works as a great medicine. All you have to do is to make a fine paste of pomegranate skin and take a pinch of this paste with a few drops of water for about 2 times a day.You can follow this for about five days. This antioxidant and vitamin rich fruit helps in bringing down the bladder heat and thereby giving great relief from the frequent urination urge.
Roasted Horse Grams
Rich in calcium molybdenum, iron, polyphenols with high antioxidant capacity, horse gram is a great medicine for treating urinary complaints. Roast a few grams of horse grams and have it with jaggery. Continue eating it for a few days for best results.
White Sesame seed is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, fibres and is a powerful antioxidant. Eating sesame seeds mixed with jaggery is an effective medicine to control excess urinary flow. You can also mix a few grams of black sesame seeds, carom seeds and jaggery and consume it for faster relief from frequent urination.
Powerful diuretic, fenugreek seeds are rich sources of natural chemical compounds that can effectively treat urinary disorders. Eating fenugreek seeds everyday can prevent frequent urination woes.Make a powder of fenugreek seeds, dry ginger and bishop weed seeds and mix it with honey or water. Taking this mixture twice a day will help in curbing the urge to urinate repeatedly.
Spinach is loaded with nutrition. Eating boiled spinach for dinner will give you great relief from frequent urination urge at night. You can also mix spinach juice with coconut water and have it daily for better results. Spinach has the power to balance the less or excess of urine flow.
Foods To Curb Frequent Urination
If the urge for frequent urination is disturbing you, ensure that you avoid and include certain food items in your diet. Avoid chillies, peppers or spicy food in general, chocolates, caffeine, fermented foods, red meat, baked and tomato based foods should also be avoided as they can irritate the bladder lining which can eventually result in uncontrolled urine flow. Eat fiber rich foods such as apples, sweet potatoes, raspberries, beans, bananas, brown rice cherries and the like, which may lead to constipation and as a result an active bladder.
- White vinegar: Take two tablespoons and mix with a half cup of warm water, then drink to help reduce frequent urination
- Baking soda: Mix a teaspoon with a glass of water and drink once a day, every few days
- Cranberry: Containing bacteria-inhibiting properties, cranberry juice is good for reducing frequent urination. Drink about four ounces of pure cranberry juice to aid in preventing urinary tract infections and subsequent frequent urination
- Indian gooseberry juice: A great source of vitamin C, helping boost the immune system and treat potential problems of urinary tract infections. It contains useful inflammatory reducing properties.
- Aloe Vera juice: Aids in the reduction of inflammation and burning sensations during urination. It also helps improve kidney function.
- Cumin seeds: Aids in alleviating digestive problems that may affect urination. Consuming with warm water every day will aid in treating frequent urination associated with digestive tract problems.
- Jaggery: A popular remedy for treating the symptoms of frequent urination.
- Yogurt: Rich in probiotics and therefore aids in the promotion of a healthy digestive system and healthy kidneys
- Cinnamon powder: Containing natural anti-inflammatory properties, this natural remedy helps reduce symptoms of inflammation and burning sensations. It also promotes healthy kidneys, helping reduce frequent urination.