Sometimes the stomach makes growling or gurgling noise . This occurs mainly when the stomach is empty . We often hear these noises when we are hungry. But the noises can also occur when the stomach is full , which happens due to passing of food from stomach to intestines.
Noisy stomach can be very embarrassing when some people are around us. This gurgling sound is a normal feature of the digestive system. This sound can be due to gas or food movements.
Stomach growling is a minor problem , but if it is occurring due to irregular eating habits , then it may lead to other serious problems. If these is excessive grumbling then it may cause, other problems like abdominal pain , constipation , excessive gas etc.
- Take Carom seeds + ½ tsp. Rock salt. Eat this combination with little water. It will force out all the gas naturally ,giving relief from gas troubles .It is a very effective home remedy for stomach growling.
- Grind 3 grams Ginger and mix 10 grams jaggery to it and eat the combination. This is a simple natural remedy for stomach growling.
- Sipping Soda: Sipping lukewarm soda can control growling noise due to excessive gas. This method allows you to expel gas by burping or passing gas naturally. It is easy to apply home remedy for stomach growling.
- Take light meals : Instead of eating 2-3 heavy meals, try to eat 4-5 light meals. This will ensure that sounds do not come due to empty stomach. This habit of taking light meals can control stomach grumbling.
- Avoid food items like pizza and potato chips as they are likely to cause gas. Also don’t take soft drinks with caffeine.
- Never eat your food in haste and chew the food properly. Avoid drinking water in between while you are eating. Talk less while eating as you can swallow lot of air.
- Avoid smoking.
Keep snacks on hand
Even with the best of preparation and planning, hunger may still sneak up on you when you least expect it. Make sure this hunger doesn’t turn into stomach grumbles by keeping some stomach-friendly snacks with you throughout the day. Even if it’s just something small before that next class or meeting, the right snack will be enough to ensure those belly grumbles will be put to rest.
- Pre-packaged nuts are a healthy and calorie-rich way to fill a rumbling stomach. Be sure to keep nuts that aren’t salted, as they may upset your stomach more than raw or plain roasted nuts would.
- Fruits and vegetables that package well like bell peppers, apples and carrots make great snacks. Healthy and refreshing, fruits and vegetables also contain plenty of the vitamins which aid digestion.
- For a mix of both of the above, look out for fruit and nut bars which have become popular in recent years. Be sure to finds ones low in fat and sugar, without too many additions (like chocolate) to the fruit and nuts.
Unfortunately for those relying on coffee for an early morning jolt, many things about the caffeinated beverage spell dread for the digestive system. The most relevant here is the increase in acidity it promotes in your stomach; all the extra acid causes gas which will only add to the embarrassment of stomach grumbles. A slight laxative effect also disrupts digestion and makes stomach noise more likely.
- If you’ve got the taste for it, certain teas can make great alternatives to coffee. You can even keep the caffeinated kind on account of many of the other metabolic benefits tea provides.
- At the very least you can cut down on your intake. If you’re a heavy coffee drinker, try to bring it down a couple of cups a day and see if it helps.
Press on your stomach
One thing you can try when stomach noise comes on despite all your prevention is to push on your stomach. Providing the stomach less space to move and contract will mean less room to do the things which make for stomach grumbles.
- Using a pencil (eraser-end first) or pen, press into your stomach with some force (don’t hurt yourself) when you feel your stomach begin to churn.
- Be sure to target your stomach (near your navel, but not on it) and not higher up for best results.
Take a deep breath
Filling your lungs with air will require some room in your torso, and in growing your lungs push down on your stomach, giving it less room for grumbles (as with the previous step). When you feel your stomach become upset and about to make noise, take a deep breath and hold it until the sensation passes.
For web consultation, please click the following link :