After a rash has developed, leave it alone as much as possible.
- Use soap and water sparingly.
- Leave the rash exposed to the air whenever possible.
- Do not scratch the rash.
Most viral illnesses that cause a rash are contagious, especially if a fever is present.
Relief from itching
- Keep the itchy area cool and moist. Put cloths soaked in ice water on the rash a few times a day. Too much wetting and drying will dry the skin, which can increase itching.
- Keep cool, and stay out of the sun. Heat makes itching worse.
- Avoid scratching as much as possible. Scratching leads to more scratching. Cut nails short or wear cotton gloves at night to prevent scratching.
- Wear cotton clothing. Do not wear wool and synthetic fabrics next to your skin.
- Use gentle soaps, such as Basis, Cetaphil, Dove, or Oil of Olay, and use as little soap as possible. Do not use deodorant soaps. Even the above I don’t generally recommend but as of now you have no choice so atleast buy these so called gentle soaps.
- Wash your child’s clothes with a mild soap, rather than a detergent. Rinse twice to remove all traces of the soap. Do not use strong detergents.
- Do not let the skin become too dry, which may make itching worse.
- Child should take several breaks during the day to do a relaxation exercise, particularly before going to bed if stress appears to cause itching or make it worse. Sit or lie down, and try to clear your mind. Managing your stress by relaxing every muscle in your body, starting with your toes and going up to your head, may help your symptoms.
Here are few home remedies
- Baking soda: Make a thick paste of baking soda and water and apply it on to the areas affected by the rash. Leave the paste on till it hardens and then rinse it off with plain, lukewarm water.
- Coconut oil: This remedy relieves the skin and helps get rid of the rash at a faster pace. Apply some lukewarm coconut oil directly on to the affected area and leave it on for a while. The oil will penetrate through the skin, allowing it to heal faster.
- Aloe Vera: Skin conditions or all kinds, including rashes can be treated with the help of Aloe Vera gel. This remedy nourishes the skin and reduces the risks of further viral or bacterial infections. Allergy rashes can also be treated with Aloe Vera gel.
- Cornstarch: Apart from baking soda, this ingredient is regarded as an excellent natural remedy for heat rash. It keeps the skin dry, by absorbing all the extra sweat and moisture, reducing the risks of a rash.
Cucumbers, chamomile tea, Vitamin C, calamine lotion, talcum powder, ice and herbal poultices are also excellent, when it comes to treating a rash naturally. In case of a heat rash or an allergy rash, it is also important to dress in the right manner.
Many people confirm that poppy seeds enhance the speedy elimination of measles and skin rashes. Crush one tablespoon of poppy seeds and mix one teaspoon of water with it along with a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture on the rashes and get relieved from the irritating itchiness instantly.
Essential oils are helpful to those who have been suffering from long lasting skin rashes/infections. The mixture using chamomile oil, almond, and other essential oils needs to be prepared to revive the skin’s radiance and to reduce the side effects of such a skin allergy.
People are familiar with almond oil and seeds, but almond leaves? Yes! Almond leaves can work as skin rash healers. Mashed almond leaves offer relief from skin rashes and blemishes.
You can use something as simple as calcium water to deal with rashes on body. Take some calcium water and dip a piece of clean cloth into it. Place the cotton on the affected region. It is readily available in the market.
Castor oil is used to treat hair and scalp conditions in many cases. However, it can also be used to treat skin blemishes and rashes. It can be applied both on the baby and adult skin without any side effects.
Cucumber is used in many skin packs and masks, but it is also effective to offer relief from the skin rashes. You can apply sliced cucumber on the rash spots, or you can make cucumber puree and apply it on the skin blemishes. Slice a cucumber in half lengthwise and carve out the seeds using a spoon. Grind this into a pulp and apply on the rashes in thick layers. Keep it on for half an hour and then wash off. If you cool the puree before applying, the relief will be much quicker.
Mint And Basil
Basil contains a topical anesthetic called eugenol while mint has been used in ancient Chinese medicine as an anti-itching remedy. So make a paste of these herbs with water and apply on the rashes.
Mix corn flour and three egg whites together to form a paste. Apply the same on the rashes and leave for 30 minutes. Wash it off with cold water and feel the change in your skin.
Make a puree out of two tomatoes and mix a little lemon juice to it. Add some cayenne pepper to the mixture and apply the paste on the rashes for 20 minutes. Once dry, you can rinse it with warm water and get rid of the rashes.
Natural Remedies for folliculitis
Coconut oil is very rich in essential nutrients with its healing and curing qualities. It also a natural remedy for folliculitis thanks to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal properties. The simplest thing you have to do when using coconut oil for treating folliculitis is to rub pure coconut oil on the infected area three times a day. It will help your skin be moisturized and soothed very well, a necessary for treating folliculitis.
Although turmeric is the most common ingredients in our kitchen, they are also known as a wonderful item for the beauty as well as treating and preventing many diseases, especially skin diseases thanks to its antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Especially, it is very effective in treating the bacterial infection causing folliculitis. The method is very simple. You need turmeric powder and mix it with warm water to get a thick paste of turmeric. After that, you can use this paste to apply it on the affected area and leave it on for about 20 minutes until it gets dry. Then, wash it out gently. This solution can help you treat itching and irritation immediately. And you can repeat this way until it is gone away completely.
Garlic is very common in the kitchen. This is a great source of nutrients for our body that are very good for our health. Many ingredients in garlic are known as to be good for preventing and treating folliculitis. For example, garlic is very rich in sulphur, a mineral that can help protect the body against different types of skin disorders. And antibacterial properties of garlic are quite useful for fighting off an infection. Eat minimum 5 cloves of garlic every day.
As you know, aloe vera is a wonderful plant for health and beauty thanks to its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. On how to treat folliculitis naturally at home using aloe vera can help ease the irritated hair follicles and the burning sensation as well as decrease swelling and pain that caused by the infection. Furthermore, it is very effective in repairing and healing quickly the hair follicles. And now, you only need to remove the gel from the fresh leaf and rub it gently on the infected area for about 15 minutes. This is a natural remedy so you can use this solution 3 times a day safely until your condition can be treated completely.
Neem is known as an excellent herb with a lot of healthy benefits. One of its benefits is to cure most of skin disorders and rashes. Thanks to its antibacterial, antiseptic, and antifungal quality, it can help eradicate the infection as well as heal the follicles effectively. For folliculitis, it can help to exfoliate the dead skin, at the same time, clear the congested pores very well. The way to do is very easy. You take a lot of fresh neem leaves and boil them in about 2 liters of water. After that, let it get cool. You can use this solution for bathing the infected area twice a day. This solution can help the pimples subside and the pus dry up soon. Or, you also can use its paste to apply on the infected area. Leave it on for some minutes and rinse it off.
Salt Water Compress
Many items from nature can help you cure skin disorders including folliculitis.
Saltwater compress is also a way on how to treat folliculitis naturally at home effectively. Firstly, you need an absorbent cloth to soak in a warm liquid with salt. This salt water compress will help protect the infected area against irritation, at the same time, boost drainage and the healing process. Salt water for compress is also useful for your infected skin thanks to its antibacterial property. It is very easy to get a salt water compress. Firstly, you need to dissolve some teaspoons of salt in a cup of warm water and take a clean cotton ball or a cloth to soak in the liquid. After that, keep it gently in your infected area. This solution should be applied twice a day in the morning and at night and it will bring about the amazing result.
For Web Consultation click the following link :