Most babies, teething happens sometime in the first year, often near 6 months. It’s no joke, either. Teething pain can turn even the most relaxed baby into a crying baby always. Sometimes, when the teeth is not growing for the children, it bothers the parents. Though it is a cause of immediate concern for the parents, please be rest assured, there is nothing to worry. When the child was born, did you keep the eyes, ears, mouth, hands, legs body in it’s place. It happened on it’s own naturally. Isn’t it ? Similarly the teeth will also grow. For some children it will grow within the first year for few children it will happen in 2nd or 3rd year. Parents cause of concern is understandable but they need not panic. At the same time, they cannot keep quiet. Going to the Doctor for this is not advisable as the parents are giving yet another opportunity for them to make money out of this.
Follow the following natural remedies which will help the child grow their teeth.
Here are some signs to look for:
- Excessive drool (means more saliva falling out of the mouth)
- Fever, rash, diaper rash, cold symptoms, diarrhea
- Decreased appetite
- Pulling ears or rubbing chin or cheeks
Typically, babies get their teeth in pairs. First come the middle two on the bottom. A month or so later, the two above those arrive. Still, it’s not uncommon to see a baby with four bottom and no upper teeth, or the reverse. A general timeline:
- 6 months: lower central incisors
- 8 months: upper central incisors
- 10 months: lower and upper lateral incisors
- 14 months: first molars
- 18 months: canines
- 24 months: second molars
What should be done to ensure baby’s teeth start growing if it is not happening naturally.
- Start giving variety of fresh fruit juice without mixing sugar. For sweetness, you can add honey or liquid jaggery.
- Breast Milk is a must for the child till the teeth grows. As the baby puts it’s mouth on the breast, it tends to start biting the nipple which is a healthy sign and growth of teeth is possible due to this action.
- Generally baby’s like to bite anything and everything that comes across. Buy wooden teether or silicon teether which will be available in baby toy showroom.
- Clove – make the child bite clove. It will not like it but even one bite will help a lot in the growth of the teeth.
- Frozen Cloths, thick blankets, etc. can be given to the baby to bite.
- Don’t stop the child if it is biting something.
- Don’t tell the child – don’t do this, don’t do that.
- Leave the child free. Let the child do what ever it wants, excepting damaging costly items.
There are some crazy parents whom I have seen. They allow their child to even throw mobile phones out of the window if the child wants to. You need not be like that. That’s just an example to make you understand how important it is for you to allow the child what it wants to do. Don’t stop the child’s creativity.
Remember, breast milk and clove are important for the growth of the baby’s teeth.