If we do something to stop sneezing when it comes, we will not get sneezing for several hours. But, during these hours, many particles from the air would have gone into our lung and increased to four thousand particles. After the smell of the ointment is exhausted, the sneezing gland will come back and see. It will find that there are now four thousand particles. It will say, “When there were only forty particles, I could have sent them out with four sneezes. Now there
are four thousand particles. I am incapable of doing anything now.” And it will run away from the job. Now, the doctor in our body will call another gland called Runny Nose, which is more powerful than the sneezing gland, to give the treatment. Sneezing is like sweeping our house with a broom. Runny nose is like cleaning our house using water.
Now, our nose will send out the particles in our lung by using water to clear them out. But, what do we do when we get a runny nose? We inhale it back into our nose again and again! Thus we attempt to retain the unwanted particles inside our body. Therefore, runny nose is not at all a disease. It is a treatment by which our body cures a disease. Whenever we inhale the water coming out of our nose back into the nose, it is a treachery that we do to our body.
Therefore, whenever we have a runny nose, we have to blow out and get the water out of our nose. If we do this, our body will be healthy and we will not get any other diseases.
Without knowing this reality, what we do is to buy Vicks Inhaler and stop the water which is planning to come out of nose. We apply vicks, or amrutanjan thinking that it is protecting us. On the contrary it is actually harming us. If we continue treatment like this for our runny nose, the four thousand dust particles will become four million dust particles after a few days. When this happens, the doctor in our body will call the gland called Cold gland and order it to cure the disease.
Just as we clean our house using soap powder when there are lots of stains on the floor, the cold gland will use soap water to clean the four million dust particles that are sticking to our lung. It will then send them out through our nose in the form of flum (phlegm) or mucus. But, when we get phlegm or mucus from our nose, we again inhale it and try to push it back inside the nose.
Therefore, Common Cold is not at all a disease. It is a treatment given by our body. The only treatment for cold is to blow out the phlegm or mucus from our nose. Instead of this, if you follow a treatment to keep the phlegm inside our body, that is the actual disease.
But, if we or our children get cold, we immediately rush to a hospital. If we get feces or urine and need to go to the toilet, do we rush to the doctor and tell, “Doctor, I am getting feces and urine. Please give some medicine to stop it”? Just like feces and urine, phlegm is a wastage that has to go out of our body. Therefore, when you get phlegm or mucus, please blow your nose well and take it out. There is no other treatment for cold in the world.
What are the remedies for Nose Blockage ?
- Take a glass of water, put it in a pan, boil it. Add 2-3 garlic cloves and half tea spoon of turmeric in it. Once it boils, strain the water and drink it 2-3 times daily.
- Take a glass of warm water, add 2 spoons of Apple cider vinegar, one tea spoon of honey, stir it well and drink 2-3 times daily.
- Take some black pepper powder in your palm and mix 3 drops of Sesame Oil in it. Take the mixture in your finger and apply it under your nose. You may feel like sneezing. Don’t suppress it. Sneeze well. Repeat the process till the nose blockage vanishes.
- Eat spicy food to clear nose blockage. Spicy food helps loosen mucus. Eat raw onion and garlic or hot peppers.
- With your index and middle fingers, place your fingertips just below your eye sockets and move them in a circular fashion. Do this for 20 to 30 seconds, taking care to press along the areas that are closest to your nose and just below your eyes. Finally, press your thumbs against your cheeks and massage them using circular outward motions.
For Running Nose what should you do ?
Salt water is the best home remedy for alleviating the irritation that accompanies a runny nose. Salt water will help thin the mucus, making it easier and more comfortable to expel. It will also help clear the nasal passages of irritants.
- Mix one-half teaspoon of table salt in two cups of distilled warm water.
- Using a dropper, put a few drops of the solution into each nostril with your head tilted back.
- Inhale very gently to draw the solution further into your nasal passages. Then blow your nose to remove excess mucus and solution.
- Do this a few times at a sitting until you feel relief.
- Repeat a couple of times each day until your condition improves.
Steam is also an effective home remedy for a runny nose. It helps clear out excess mucus that causes a runny nose and sneezing.
- Hold your face over a bowl of hot water, with a towel over your head to trap the steam. Breathe in the steam for about 10 minutes, and then blow your nose. Do this three or four times a day.
- You can also add a few drops of eucalyptus oil or menthol to the hot water before breathing in the steam.
- Alternatively, you can take a hot shower or bath.
Mustard oil has antibiotic, antiviral and antihistamine properties that can provide instant relief from various symptoms of a runny nose.
- Heat a small amount of mustard oil until it is slightly warm. Using a dropper, put one or two drops of the oil in each nostril. This will help clear up the nasal passages. Do this two or three times a day.
- Add two to three tablespoons of mustard oil and one tablespoon of caraway seeds to a pot of boiling water. Inhale the steam. The strong aroma of mustard oil will warm up the respiratory system, thus providing instant relief from a runny nose. Do this twice daily.
Turmeric works as an antidote for many health conditions, including a runny nose. The herb has strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties that make it very effective for treating a runny nose as well as a cold.
- Soak one-half teaspoon of dry, ground turmeric in a cup of linseed oil. Hold the mixture over heat until it starts smoking. Slowly inhale the smoke through one nostril and then the other. Do this twice daily.
- One-half teaspoon of turmeric powder can also be taken two times a day. You can take it with some water. This will help loosen the mucus in the body.
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and drink it before going to bed. This will offer quick relief from a runny nose, cough, cold, sore throat and also asthma. You can add a pinch of black pepper as well.
Ginger has a wide range of antioxidants as well as antiviral, antitoxic, and antifungal properties that help provide quick relief from various symptoms of a runny nose.
- Chewing small prices of raw ginger sprinkled with salt several times a day alleviates a runny nose quickly.
- Cut ginger root into thin slices, put them in a cup of water and boil it for some time to make a tea. Add a little honey for taste and drink the tea three or four times a day.
- Boil one teaspoon of ginger powder in two cups of water and inhale the steam.
- Ginger can also be taken in the form of lozenges, which are available in the market, to prevent a runny nose.
Garlic has strong antibacterial and antiseptic properties that make it a wonderful treatment for a runny nose.
- Prepare garlic soup by boiling three or four cloves of chopped garlic in a cup of water for several minutes. Strain the solution, add some sugar and drink the soup twice a day.
- Chew a small piece of garlic three or four times a day to warm up your body and get relief from a runny nose.
For a consultation with me on web, please click the following link to understand the procedure :